What is SNAP 4DX Plus - 30 Tests? The SNAP 4DX Plus test kit is only in-house test that lets you screen for heartworm and three tick-borne diseases and canine anaplasmosis. The SNAP 4Dx Plus Test Kit provides the most comprehensive vector-borne disease screen available on a single platform. Test screens for six total pathogens using just one sample.
Who is SNAP 4DX Plus - 30 Tests for? Dogs
Why use SNAP 4DX Plus - 30 Tests? - Heartworm tests on SNAP 4DX Plus delivers most trusted results.
- Identify Lyme disease in infected dogs.
- This fast in-house test detects antibodies to Ehrlichia Canis and Ehrlichia ewingii.
How SNAP 4DX Plus - 30 Tests work? In-vitro diagnostics for the detection of Dirofilaria immitis (HW) antigen, antibody to Anaplasma phagocytophilum (AP), antibody to Borrelia burgdoferi (LY) and antibody to Ehrilichia canis (EC) in canine serum, plasma or whole blood.
Incorporated into preventive care protocols, this test provides important information about individual patient health.
Manufacturer: IDEXX LABORATORIES
How is SNAP 4DX Plus - 30 Tests sold? Each kit contains one 8-mL bottle of anti-HW/AP/LY/EC:HRPO conjugate and one reagent rack; as well as 5, 15 or 30: transfer pipettes, sample tubes and SNAP devices. Each SNAP device contains 0.4 mL of wash solution and 0.6 mL of substrate solution.
What special precautions are there? - All wastes should be properly decontaminated prior to disposal.
- Do not mix components from kits with different lot numbers.
- Do not use a SNAP device that has been activated prior to the addition of sample.
How can I store SNAP 4DX Plus - 30 Tests? Store at 2°-7°C (36°-45°F) until expiration date.
- SNAP devices and reagents may be stored at room temperature (15°-25°C/59°-77°F) for 90 days or until printed expiration date, whichever occurs first.
- After SNAP devices and reagents are removed from 2°-7°C (36°-45°F) for more than 24 hours, the expiration date is 90 days or the printed expiration date, whichever occurs first.
- If the 90-day expiration date occurs prior to the printed expiration date, record the new date in the space provided on the kit.
Helpful Tips: Vector-borne disease screening is the foundation of your pet’s preventive medicine programs and let you know what your pets are being exposed to over time, which leads to healthier pets and a stronger prevention practices.
1. If Stored In A Refrigerator, Allow All Components To Equilibrate At Room Temperature (18-25°c) For 30 Minutes. Do Not Heat.
2. Using The Pipette Provided, Dispense 3 Drops Of Sample into A New Sample Tube.
3. Holding The Bottle Vertical, Add 4 Drops Of Conjugate to The Sample Tube.
4. Cap The Sample Tube And Mix It Thoroughly By Inverting Tube 3-5 Times.
5. Place the device on a horizontal surface. Add the entire contents of the smaple tube to the sample well, being careful notto splash the contents outside the sample well.
The Sample will Flow Across the result window, reaching the activation circle in approximately 30-60 Seconds. Some sample may remain in the sample well.
6. When color first appears in the activation circle, push the activator firmly Until It Is Flush With The Device Body.
7. Read the test result in eight minutes.
Interpreting the test results
Any color development in the sample spots indicates the presence of heartworm antigen, A. phagocytophilum antibody, B. burgdorferi antibody or E. canis antibody in the sample.
Initial research data suggests the SNAP 4Dx Anaplasma phagocytophilum spot could cross react with Anaplasma platys. In studies involving dogs infected with a laboratory strain of A. platys, the SNAP 4Dx was reactive with serum from 10 out of 10 infected animals.
Only positive control spot develops color.
- Background-if the sample is allowed to flow past the activation circle, background color may result. some background color is normal. however, if colored background obscures the test result, repeat the test.
- No Color Development-if the positive control does not develop color, repeat the test.
We guarantee that the medications you receive from Allivet Pet Pharmacy are genuine
FDA / EPA U.S. approved products and are the same exact medications sold
by your veterinarian at the lowest prices. We guarantee that the medications you
receive from Allivet Pet Pharmacy are identical to the medications sold by your
veterinarian with respect to the manufacturer, strength, packaging, and have equal
or better expiration dates.
Everyday Low Price Guarantee
Allivet Pet Pharmacy guarantees the lowest price on everything we sell. If you find
an item elsewhere (before or within 30 days of your purchase from allivet.com),
you will be eligible for our “100% price protection" program. Please see site for details.
Allivet Free Shipping
Most items on Allivet.com qualify for free Ground Shipping. Simply look for the
free shipping logo to enjoy free shipping on selected items throughout the store.
If the items in your order which qualify for 'Free Shipping' total $99 or more,
your order ships FREE! Please see site for details.
Licensed & Certified Pharmacy
Allivet is a licensed and certified pharmacy offering the same exact medications
sold by your vet.
100% safe and secure
With our highest level of security and encryption, your personal data, order data
and credit card information are both safe and secure during transmission (through
secure socket layer SSL encryption) as well as storage (through a private non-shared