Indications: TEK-TROL® is a synthetic detergent which provides broad-spectrum kill of gram-positive and gram-negative micro-organisms, provides effective cleaning and disinfecting in one operation, nonflammable and nonvolatile in use dilutions, excellent solubility, dilutes in hot, cold, soft or hard water of up to 1,000 ppm water hardness.
The TEK-TROL® high foaming detergent system has been formulated to provide heavy duty cleaning, wetting and penetration of soils and organic matter and easy rinsing of surfaces. Clinging foam is obtained at ½ oz. per gallon of water (1:256) to provide prolonged contact time.
TEK-TROL® at ½ oz. per gallon of water (1:256) provides residual control of odor-causing bacteria in the presence of moisture.
TEK-TROL® is recommended for use when used as directed on ceramic and glazed tile surfaces, stainless steel, aluminum, chrome, galvanized metal, glass, and other nonporous surfaces such as treated wood, polyethylene, polypropylene, PVC (polyvinyl chloride), polystyrene, vinyl, fiberglass, viton, ethylene propylene, nitrile, acrylic, and polyurethane.
TEK-TROL® at ½ oz. per gallon of water (1:256) is suited for disinfecting and cleaning all areas of veterinary facilities, kennels and in poultry and turkey barns, breeder and laying operations.
Poultry house grow-out operations and hatcheries: Use in hatchers and setters, evaporative coolers, humidifying systems and ceiling fans, live haul equipment, chick busses, transfer trucks, trays, coop washing, polyethylene chick boxes, foot pans and feed bins.
Equine facilities: Use in stables, stalls, breeding and foaling areas and transport vehicles.
Directions for Use: It is a violation of federal law to use the product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling.
Hatching Egg Sanitizer: TEK-TROL® is recommended for use as a hatching egg sanitizer, with the best results being achieved in water temperatures ranging from 78°F to 110°F. The recommended dilution is ½ oz. per gallon of water (1:256), and may be applied through automatic washing systems, immersion tanks, foaming apparatus, low pressure sprayers, and fogging (wet misting) systems.
General Use Directions:
1. To clean, disinfect and deodorize walls, floors, tables, drinking fountains, sinks, refrigerators, stoves, restroom fixtures, and garbage cans: Remove gross filth and heavy soil with a preliminary cleaning step prior to the application of TEK-TROL®. Apply a solution of ½ oz. TEK-TROL® per gallon of water (1:256) with a sponge, mop, mechanical spray device, or foaming apparatus making sure that all surfaces are wetted thoroughly. Allow the surface to remain wet for 10 minutes. Air dry.
2. To clean and disinfect such articles as combs, brushes, razors, scissors, instruments and rubber goods: All instruments and devices must be thoroughly cleaned to remove excess debris, rinsed and rough dried, including hollows and lumens, before immersion in solutions. Soak for 10 minutes in a solution containing ½ oz. TEK-TROL® per gallon of water (1:256).
3. To disinfect fabrics such as sheets, linens, aprons and uniforms: First rinse to remove gross filth or heavy soil, then soak for 10 minutes in a solution containing ½ oz. of TEK-TROL® per gallon of water (1:256).
4. To clean gross filth or heavy soil on surfaces prior to disinfection, use ½ oz. of TEK-TROL® per gallon of water (1:256).
TEK-TROL® is an effective tuberculocide against Mycobacterium bovis in 10 minutes at 20°C when used on hard, nonporous inanimate surfaces. Follow the above directions, including removal of gross filth or heavy soil prior to the application of TEK-TROL®.
Directions for use in poultry houses, farm premises, swine-producing facilities, equine facilities, and veal barns: Do not use in milking stalls, milking parlors, or milk houses.
1. Remove all animals and feed from the premises.
2. Remove all trucks, coops, crates, water troughs and feed racks.
3. Remove all gross soil, litter, manure, droppings from animals and poultry from floors, walls and surfaces of barns, pens, stalls, chutes, and other facilities and fixtures occupied or traversed by animals and poultry.
4. Thoroughly clean and saturate all surfaces with a solution of ½ oz. TEK-TROL® per gallon of water (1:256). Use a high pressure sprayer or apply a layer of foam with a foaming apparatus.
5. Allow to remain in contact for at least 10 minutes.
6. Immerse halters, ropes and other types of equipment used in handling and restraining animals, forks, shovels, scrapers used for removing litter and manure, in a solution of TEK-TROL® at ½ oz. per gallon of water (1:256). Allow to remain in contact for 10 minutes.
7. Thoroughly scrub treated feed racks, troughs, automatic feeders, fountains, waterers, and mangers with a solution of TEK-TROL® at ½ oz. per gallon of water (1:256). Rinse with potable water before re-use.
8. Ventilate buildings, coops and other closed spaces. Do not house poultry or livestock or employ equipment until the treatment has been absorbed, set or dried.
TEK-TROL® is recommended for use in fogging (wet misting) operations as an adjunct either preceding or following regular cleaning and disinfecting procedures. Use at a dilution of ½ oz. per gallon of water (1:256). Check with a Bio-Tek representative to determine an effective fogging schedule for particular use sites. Leave the room when fogging. In well-ventilated areas, such as hatcheries, only 10 to 15 minutes is necessary before re-entering. If used in a poorly ventilated area, allow at least two (2) hours, or air thoroughly, before re-entry. Before fogging in a food processing area, all food and food packaging items must be removed or carefully protected. Treated food contact surfaces must be thoroughly scrubbed with TEK-TROL® at ½ oz. per gallon (1:256) and rinsed with potable water prior to re-use.
Precautionary Statements: Hazards to Humans and Domestic Animals: Danger. Corrosive. Causes eye and skin damage or skin irritation. Do not get in the eyes, on skin, or on clothing. Wear goggles or a face shield and rubber gloves when handling. Harmful or fatal if swallowed. Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling and before eating, drinking or using tobacco. Remove contaminated clothing and wash before re-use.
Statement of Practical Treatment:
If on skin, wash with plenty of soap and water. Get medical attention.
If in eyes, hold eyelids open and flush eyes with plenty of water. Get medical attention.
If swallowed, call a physician immediately. Drink large quantities of water. Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Avoid alcohol.
Note to Physician: Probable mucosal damage may contraindicate the use of gastric lavage. Measures against circulatory shock, respiratory depression and convulsion may be needed.
Storage and Disposal:
Pesticide Disposal: Pesticide wastes are acutely hazardous. Improper disposal of excess pesticide, spray mixture, or rinsate is a violation of federal law. If these wastes cannot be disposed of according to label instructions, contact a state pesticide or environmental control agency, or the hazardous waste representative at the nearest EPA regional office for guidance.
Do not contaminate water, food, or feed by storage or disposal.
Container Disposal: Triple rinse (or equivalent). Then offer for recycling or reconditioning, or puncture and dispose of in a sanitary landfill, or incineration, or if allowed by state and local authorities, by burning. If burned, stay out of smoke.
WARNING(s): Keep out of the reach of children.
Discussion: Toxicity tests required by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency for TEK-TROL® disinfectant cleaner have been done, in conformity with the FDA and EPA Good Laboratory Practice Regulations.
Proven effective as a disinfectant by the following tests: A.O.A.C. (use dilution test method) in conformance with the 14th Edition 1984. All dilutions at (1:256). The following organisms tested at 1,000 ppm water hardness as calcium carbonate and 10% horse serum (as organic soil): Staphylococcus aureus (ATCC #6538), Streptococcus pyogenes (ATCC #9342), Shigella sonnei (ATCC #25931), Klebsiella pneumoniae (ATCC #4352), Enterobacter aerogenes (ATCC #13048), Proteus vulgaris (ATCC #13315), Pseudomonas aeruginosa (ATCC #15442), Mycobacterium bovis (BCG) A.O.A.C. tuberculocidal test, Trichophyton mentagrophytes (ATCC #9533) A.O.A.C. fungicidal test, Pasteurella multocida (ATCC #6529); (fowl cholera), P. anatipestifer, Beta streptococcus (ATCC #19615), Mycoplasma synoviae, Rhodococcus equi (ATCC #6939), Salmonella choleraesuis (Kunzendorf strain), Taylorella equigenitalis (C.E.M. - Kentucky strain #3056, Salmonella enteritidis (ATCC #13076), Aspergillus fumigatus (ATCC #6285), Salmonella choleraesius (ATCC #10708), S. schottmuelleri (ATCC #8749), S. pullorum (ATCC #19945), S. gallinarum (ATCC #9184), S. typhimurium (ATCC #13311), S. arizonae (#7:1,7,8), S. arizonae (PD 36), Escherichia coli (ATCC #11229), Alcaligenes faecalis strain (#838), A. faecalis Georgia strain, Staphylococcus epidermis, enterococci group D species, Mycoplasma gallisepticum, Staphylococcus hyicus, Streptococcus equi (ATCC #39506), Strept. suis (type II), Strept. pyogenes (ATCC #19615), Haemophilus parasuis (ATCC #19417), and Mycoplasma hyopneumoniae (ATCC #25934).
The following viruses tested in accordance with U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Pesticide Assessment Guidelines on inanimate environmental surfaces. Tested at 1,000 ppm water hardness as calcium carbonate and 10% serum (as organic soil): Herpes simplex type 1; avian infectious bronchitis virus; transmissible gastro-enteritis virus Purdue strains (ATCC #VR-763); canine parvovirus, strain CPV MLV (Cornell); parainfluenza virus, type 1, Sendai strain (ATCC #VR-105); avian reovirus; porcine rotavirus (ATCC #VR-893); avian rotavirus (AVR-1); duck enteritis virus (D.V.E.); avian laryngotracheitis; Newcastle disease virus; avian influenza virus; pseudorabies virus, Aujeszky strain (ATCC #VR-135); mouse hepatitis virus, strain MHV-A59 (ATCC #VR-764); avian adenovirus; equine herpesvirus (ATCC #VR-700) (equine rhinopneumonitis); equine arteritis (ATCC #VR-796) (equine viral arteritis); influenza A-2/Hong Kong virus (ATCC #VR-544).
Hard surface mildewcidal test method: CSMA method 23 at 1,000 ppm water hardness as calcium carbonate and 10% serum (as organic soil): Aspergillus niger (ATCC #6275), black mold; Penicillium variable (NRRL #3765), green mold.