Advantage II for cats kills fleas at all life stages, preventing fleas on treated pets from infesting your home and offers complete flea protection for your cat. Flea treatment with Advantage II gives your cat a safe solution that only needs to be applied once a month. See Allivet's Flea and Tick chart to find which flea and tick product is best for your pet.
This item is already on your autoship schedule! Are you sure you want to add it again?
10% OFF Flea & Tick and Heartworm Meds
| View Offer Details
Use Code: FALL16
Offer Expires: 12/13/2016
10% off. Use Code FALL16. Offer expires 12/12/2016 11:59 PM EST. Minimum order $10. Limit 1 use per household. This offer is applicable on select flea, tick, and heartworm preventive products and selected items only. Discount shown at checkout once coupon code is entered. Offer subject to change or cancellation. Can't be combined with other offers such as AutoShip discount. Other restrictions may apply.
Advantage II is a topical flea control for cats that quickly kills all stages of existing fleas and protects against further infestations. Flea treatment with Advantage II gives your cat a safe solution that only needs to be applied once a month.
Who is Advantage II for Cats for?
Cats or Ferrets
Why use Advantage II for Cats?
-Kills ALL flea life stages
-Stops biting fleas in 3-5 minutes*
-Controls existing infestations and prevents future infestations
-Kills fleas within 12 hours of initial application
-Kills reinfesting fleas within 2 hours
-Works through contact, so fleas don’t have to bite to die
How Advantage II for Cats work?
It contains imidacloprid and pyriproxyfen, which work to kill fleas through contact, so fleas don't have to bite to die. One convenient application of Advantage® II keeps working for up to a month.
Bayer Animal Health
9.1% Imidacloprid, 0.46% Pyripoxyfen
How is Advantage II for Cats sold?
Advantage II for Cats under 5 lbs Turquoise (4 month supply)
Advantage II for Cats over 5-9 lbs Orange (4 month, 6 month or 12 month supply)
Advantage II for Cats over 9 lbs Purple (4 month, 6 month or 12 month supply)
What are the side effects of Advantage II for Cats?
Lethargy and prolonged periods of sleep; behavioral changes including agitation,
excessive grooming, hiding, pacing;discomfort at the application site (rubbing,
scratching, etc.); increased salivation within 1 hour of treatment; increased drinking; or coughing. If cat licks the application site, may see increased salivation, tremors, vomiting, and decreased appetite.
What special precautions are there?
Do not use on kittens under 8 weeks of age. As with any product, consult your veterinarian before using this product on debilitated, aged, pregnant or nursing cats. Individual sensitivities, while rare, may occur after using ANY pesticide product for cats. If signs persist, or become more severe, consult a veterinarian immediately. If your cat is on medication, consult your veterinarian before using this or any other product.
If your cat is experiencing an adverse event, contact your veterinarian.
What to do if overdose?
Consult your nearest emergency animal hospital.
How can I store Advantage II for Cats?
Store in a cool, dry place.
Advantage II is waterproof and remains effective following a shampoo treatment or after exposure to rain or sunlight.
Apply monthly treatments for optimal control and prevention of fleas.
Part the hair at the base of the cat’s head, place the tip of the tube on the exposed skin and squeeze twice to apply. Lift the tube away from the skin and then release the pressure. Keep the product away from the cat’s eyes; do not allow the cat to lick the product or ingest it in any way. If you have multiple pets, keep the pets separated from each other to prevent them from licking each other’s application sites.
How to Open :
1. Being careful not to cut close to the blister cavities, take scissors and cut off one section of the card containing a single tube.
2. Take the separated section, and cut into the blister cavity across the small side, close to the cap of the tube.
3. Peel off the foil, and take out the tube.
4. Repeat steps 1 to 3 for each tube.
How to Apply :
1. Use only on cats and kittens. Do not use on other animals.
2. Remove one applicator tube from the package. See “HOW TO OPEN” section
3. Hold applicator tube in an upright position. Pull cap off tube.
4. Turn the cap around and place other end of cap back on tube.
5. Twist cap to break seal, then remove cap from tube.
6. Part the hair on the neck at the base of the skull until the skin is visible. Place the tip of the tube on the skin and squeeze the tube to expel the entire contents of the tube directly on the skin. Do not get this product in your cat’s eyes or mouth. The product is bitter tasting and salivation may occur for a short time if the cat licks the product immediately after treatment. Treatment at the base of the skull will minimize the opportunity for the cat to lick the product.
7. Discard empty tube as described in Storage and Disposal.
8. Under normal conditions the product is effective for a month. However, in cases of severe flea infestation, retreatment may be necessary earlier than four weeks.
Do not retreat more often than once every fourteen (14) days for kittens or once every seven (7) days for small and large cats. After flea control is attained, return to a monthly retreatment schedule.
Active ingredients: Imidacloprid 9.10%, Pyriproxyfen 0.46%. Other ingredients: 90.44%.
According to the manufacturer, Advantage II for Cats is made in Germany. This information is accurate at the time that this reply was written. Please consult with your veterinarian before administering. Use as directed..