HOW TO USE ANIMALINTEX
Hot wet poulticing
1. Clean mud and dirt away from the area to be treated.
2. Use whole or cut to the size required. (Place remainder back in the bag for use later).
3. Place with the plastic side upermost in a shallow tray. (Do not use a bucket unless it has been very carefully cleansed first).
4. Use boiled water that has been allowed to cool to 38ºC/100ºF and pour the water into the tray, around the edges of the Animalintex.
5. When saturated, take out and gently hand squeeze out the excess water. (If pus is to be absorbed, squeeze out more water so that the poultice is damp rather than wet).
6.Place on the affected area with the plastic side on the outside, moulding the Animalintex to the contours of the body.
7. Hold in place with a bandage such as the Robinson Superflex cohesive bandage, making sure the poultice is completely covered.
Cold wet poulticing
Follow the same procedure as above, butt using boiled water that has been allowed to cool thoroughly before pouring. When the Animalintex is saturated, squeeze out excess water and apply cold to the affected area. Dry dressing
After cleaning the area, apply the dressing directly then bandage. Used dry, Animalintex may be used several times and still retain its effectiveness.
Dry pressure padding
Use dry, apply directly and bandage.