World Animal Day is an international celebration on October 4, the Feast Day of St. Francis of Assisi, patron saint of animals. World Animal Day is a day to celebrate all animals and the people who love and respect them. World Animal Day started in Florence, Italy in 1931 at a convention of ecologists.
The goals of World Animal Day are:
· To celebrate animal life in all its forms
· To celebrate humankind’s relationship with the animal kingdom
· To acknowledge the diverse roles that animals play in our lives – from being our companions, supporting and helping us, to bringing a sense of wonder into our lives
· To acknowledge and be thankful for the way in which animals enrich our lives
If you’re an animal lover, World Animal Day is the perfect opportunity to bring attention to the issues that matter most to you. Through awareness and education on animal welfare issues, we can make the world a better and fairer place for all living creatures.
Here are some of the things you can do to celebrate World Animal Day:
1. Listen to the song I PROMISE YOU for inspiration
2. Meet new animal friends
3. Spend time with your favorite animal
4. Hear about different animal stories
5. Help out and volunteer at your local shelter for a day
6. Learn about fostering an animal in need
7. Bring awareness to animal welfare issues that matter to you the most
8. Share your day on social media to inspire others to celebrate
Wishing you a very happy World Animal Day, from your friends at Allivet!