Happy New Year! We wish you the best in 2015 and hope you celebrate with your furry friends! Here are some New Year’s resolutions for a healthy and happy 2015:
1) Play more with your pet – Playing with your pet stimulates the mind, encourages bonding and is a great way to exercise. A pet that plays is a happy and healthy pet! Try to always make time for your pet, even just 20 minutes of play in the afternoon will mean the world to your pet! Remember you have many things going on in your life, from work, family, and friends… But to your pet, you are their whole world! That’s why it’s important to play with them and spend as much time as you can. Look for toys that stimulate their minds and games that make them run around a bit. This will keep them sharp and healthy for years to come!
2) Focus on healthy nutrition – The best way to prevent disease is to keep a healthy diet. Make sure you give your pet the right food for them, with a high content in protein and a low content of grains. At Allivet, you can find a wide selection of specialized foods to fit your pet’s health needs. Remember to not overfeed your pets, pet obesity is a widespread problem and can cause many health issues. Reward your pet with love and affection. If you want to give them a treat, look for healthy options at Allivet. Some of them can even help with their dental health!
3) Encourage your pet to be the best they can be – Do not reward bad habits! It can be tempting to give in to begging when your pet wants some of your food, but you are unknowingly reinforcing an unwanted behavior, which might make your pet needy or rude in the future. Instead, reward good behavior. Adhere to clear rules so that your pet feels stability. And educate yourself on training techniques so you can be proud to show off your pet’s new tricks. Training your pet is a bonding experience, providing them with seld-esteem and stimulating their mind. The key here is patience and consistency.
4) Don’t forget to get your pet’s meds in time – With all the things we have to remember, sometimes it’s easy to forget to get what our pets need the most! If you have a recurring medication that your pet needs, don’t forget to order it in time so you don’t run out! Or better yet, try Allivet’s Autoship option. Your meds will be shipped to you automatically as frequently as you need them, and you can stop or pause it any time. On top of the convenience, you save an extra 5% on every order! Try it in 2015, and have a much easier year!
5) Enjoy the little moments – Our pets live much shorter lives than we do. This is why we need to enjoy every precious minute we get with them! Take more pictures and share your stories, you’ll be grateful for those little moments a few years down the road. Enjoy every moment you get with your pet, and you will see how much happiness our furry friends can add to our lives.
We wish you a pawsome New Year!
Your friends at Allivet